View Single Post
Old April 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz
It may sound jumping in to conclusion to few Bangla Cricket members.

But I feel it is time now to get Ashraful out of this responsibility. He may be a good batsman but by no means a good leader. Good leaders set examples. Ashraful lacks that maturity. Person like Shakib, Tamim learn from their mistakes. Ash doesn't belong to that group.

Let Ash play as Batsman and contribute as much as he can towards cricket of Bangladesh. We all know that he is capable and has lot to deliver. Please don't spoil this talent with added responsibility.

I didn't come to conclusions with the performance of 3rd and 4th ODI with Pakistan. Those who follow Bangladesh cricket will probably agree that Shakib is really a Captain material, which Ash is not.

Another aspect to be looked in to is the batting order. After openers, Aftab can come to take the advantage of powerplay. But it does make sense Ash to come at the fall of Aftab. Shakib and Mahmudullah should go up the order. Ash should come down the order. May be sixth.
If Sakib doesnt perform in the next couple of matches, your opinion will take a turn. Yes i also dont like the idea of Ashraful as the captain. He is shrewd, but lacks the maturity as you point out. Plus his own performance has been terrible. But unfortunately i dont see any other players capable enough of taking the captaincy role.