View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default time to reflect: such a loooong time ago...

here is the match thread for our first ODI win since getting Test status, 3rd ODI vs Zimbabwe, Harare, March 10, 2004

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...?t=4031&page=1

it seems such a long time ago, performance wise, but i remember the day well...i couldn't believe we had won...i sat in front of the monitor for about 20 minutes just reading the line "Bangladesh wins by 8 runs" on cricinfo's scorecard to make sure it wasn't a cruel nightmare, and that it really was the sweet joy of reality.

browsing through the threa i came with some interesting posts:

Rubu bhai (then AgentSmith) predicted a win before the game even started (post title):

Quote:
ready for a win guys........
Quote:
Tapash Baisya to Carlisle, FOUR, pitched up outside the off stump,
driven into the gap on the side, two gives chase, one stops the
ball and the other kicks it over the rope!

Wonderful, good going guys!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
we need to produce Wasim,Waqar or Shohaib to win ...with this strength nuthing is possible. We will be defeated again and again. Even with the low ranking team. What is the solution for this??
that was our SS bhai, once a staunch pessimist

Quote:
itz not happening...i can't believe i will cry
and some of my very earliest posts on BC (when I was a cricketing novice):

Quote:
This may as well be our 1st win (it is our first since test status). there is much reason to believe that this is not a fluke win unlike PAK last time. for one, we upset Pakistan; this was a game we could win all along (or at least it was the closest we would get). Also, now that we play on a regular basis we can only get better. Inside a year from now we should be consistently putting up big scores (around 250) against the better teams. And let us all remember that this same Zim team scared both Australia and India in the VB series just prior to us playing them. Let us thank Allah and pray that we get better and win the series 2-1.

A few years from now we should have a killer team (more on that later).
and my prediction of our current team:

Quote:
this is what our team should look like in a few years:

1) Nafis Iqbal
2) Hannan Sarkar
3) Rajin Saleh
4) Mohammad Ashraful
5) Aftab or Naeem (the U-19 batsmen)
6) Mushfiqur Rahman
7) Khaled Mahmud
8) Alok Kapali
9) Enamul Haque Jr.
10) Shahadat Hossain (the U-19 paceman)
11) Mashrafee bin Mortaza
Mridul bhai, speaking on Mashrafee's return (mash was injured during this series):

Quote:
when he'll join us.....we will be unbeatable....only Aus can do something against us
how different it is now to win, eh??? as we are used to winning...47 games, 5 years without a single win...i can hardly believe we were so bad...

#OneTeam1Dream