View Single Post
Old June 18, 2014, 03:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricplay
well i guess we all have our personal opinions...i agree with you on the part that his best days are ahead...i believe that he will have a period where he will absolutely kill it in a series or two...but i refuse to believe that he will end his career with batting and bowling average drastically different than what he has now...his averages wont change much in the duration of his career but he will have a few great series here and there where he will be as good as anyone else...that's my opinion...i guess only time will tell..
he's basically averaging 38 in tests (37.96), with a little tweak here and there etc he can be a 40+ averaging test batsman, especially if he learns how to hit hundreds. i know it's a different format but kumar sangakkara at 200 ODIs averaged 36.18 with 6 centuries and 40 half centuries, 174 matches later (total of 374) he now averages over 40 with 19 tons and 85 half tons. shakib currently in ODIs after 135 matches averages 34.86 with 5 tons and 26 half tons, still with his entire prime to come there is no reason why he can't get that average up to the high 30s somewhere close to 40 and score a whole lot more tons, it just comes down to whether shakib wants to do it or not, he can, i've no doubt of that.