View Single Post
Old July 20, 2002, 12:18 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Already have my doubts

I already have my doubts against Mohsin Kamal.

Why you ask? Look at the history of Trevor Chappell. His first tour was against Zimbabwe in the away tour. In that tour, Bangladesh did well, but Imran Sarwar - the Bangladeshi best coach was there. And our boys did very well in those 2 away test matches. At that time, everybody in Bangladesh line up was in form. And thus, the better results = performance.

But Trevor Chappell had his say when selecting the one day team (exclusion of both Akram and Aminul).

This time, it does not look to be anything different. Bangladesh did their best to continue their poor form in the first two 3 day matches. Not much of a motivation for them.

Mohsin Kamal had said that "We will be looking for a win" says so Bangladesh Cricinfo. He does not like the oldies (as stated by some newspapers in the last few weeks before the team went to Sri Lanka).

Whereas, when Gordon Greenidge was there, in the 1997 ICC trophy, the whole team played like a team right from the start. And he could motivate the players well enough to perform on the field.