Thread: What A WIN!
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011, 02:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Well, I had to drop my daughter in the school and Bangladesh lost Shakib at that time. I turned off my computer and dropped my daughter in the school. When I came back, we lost eight wickets and 50+ runs to win. I was upset and tried my best to change my mood before heading to the office. I already informed my wife that Bangladesh lost again! Anyway, I got on to my SUV, headed towards the office but worried about my colleagues (Indians) for making fun of our loss(we are good friends, give hard times one another !). I had hard times when we bundled out for 58! But, they even encouraged me that we should come back.

When I sit in my cube, I thought that I should check the score as how close we were defeated! With my surprise, I discovered the truth ! Tiger came back strong! They beat England. I was all over in the office. All my friends congratulated me. It is a feeling that only tiger fans will be able to realize!

It reminded me of ICC trophy when we beat Netherland (Akarm Khan's heroic efforts). I wrote a letter to Cricinfo with the title "Bangladesh, Don't cry for cricket!" and it was published in the front page!

After the defeat against WI, we all were upset. I felt like vomiting!

I just called my wife to convey the message. Her demand is to take the family for a dinner. You bet, I will