View Single Post
Old January 15, 2008, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Basically, when I started playing as a kid, unless there was a knowledgable relative (I was fortunate with my uncles and cousins) who taught one the basics such as footwork, one simply didn't develop them. And the bad habits continued with the ones that became professional; yes, they often had the eyes and reflexes to score despite such poor basics, but such a handicap can only take you so far.

Tournaments like Nirman School Cricket are after my time. I presume the schoolkids now get the benefit of a decent coach (we did have Dipu Roy Choudhury as a nominal coach/"games teacher", but I don't recall him ever doing any coaching), and that we will eventually have a generation of young players coming into the clubs and the national team who have solid basics.
Bro, did you play in the CCS club in dhanmondi? Dipu Chowdhuri is the head coach. I used to have him, but he teaches only his favorite players. His secretery coach is Ranjit.. He is a damn good coach. He used to teach me especially about the footwork problem. Then I got improved.