View Single Post
Old December 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Clearly, we are not where we could have been. Countries like Malaysia and South Korea were in similar positions in 1971, but they have since become industrial giants. A want to ask everyone two questions:
  1. What can we do ideally over the next 5/10 years, to take Bangladesh forward?
  2. What steps practically can be undertaken over the next 5/10 years, given the current situation/environment?
Ideas?
Nice thread shuziburo-da.

Here is what I shared in "On The 40th Victory Day of Bangladesh" thread:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem!!!~
SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar!!!

Let's do something for our beloved BANGLADESH, inshAllah!
Big or small - it doesn't matter!

Here is the list of ideas that can be implemented at an individual or a collective (team-effort) level: (Feel free to share it with others!)

~ KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!~
~Don't need to wait till you become someone somewhere someday!!!~

- Help out our poor relatives --> and yes, EVERYONE has 'em! (by sponsoring a child's education and so on)

- Develop the area (district) of Bangladesh that we come from (or live in)!
---------> i.e. streets, cricket academy, health clinic, basic adult school, open a computer trainning center, you name it! Trust me, we need help in every sector!

- Open a business in Bangladesh to create jobs!

- Open an institution in Bangladesh to create opportunities for our youth/students!

- Open a non-profit organization (for adult education, clean water projects, sanitation etc.)

- Invest/Donate our time, intellects, expertise, ideas, resources etc. for developing Bangladesh

- Collaborate our work/institution/academy with Bangladesh

--------->Idea 1: If we are in academia of any foreign institutions (UK, US, CAN, AUS etc), we can collaborate with Bangladeshi Universities

--------->Idea 2: During a summer time, we can sponser a project and bring foreign exchange students in Bangladesh. It can increase the awareness of Bangladesh.

--------->Topics of the project may include: Arts, science, culture, language, engineering projects, landscape, environment (pretty much anything!)

--------->Idea 3: Similar to Sundarban study case (can't remember, but I read it in banglanews24.com)

- etc. etc. etc.

- Add your own idea and please share it with us.

~NOW~

LOOK at your LEFT, LOOK at your RIGHT, Now LOOK at yourself in the MIRROR and Point your index finger towards it!
and YES, YOU ARE THE ONE TO CHANGE BANGLADESH!!!

SO, JUST DO IT!!!

Let's change Bangladesh one life at a time, inshAllah!!!

As a reminder to both myself and everyone else, I'll leave you with this thought tonight...

Last edited by idrinkh2O; December 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM..