View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default The Everything About Mehrab Hossain Jnr. Thread

He might not be in the playing XI at the moment and he might not be the most scintilating player ever to grace the cricket ground but I have just become a fan of his. Not because of his cricketing ability but because of character, personality and courage.

I'm alluring to his new image...flowing dark beard and Sunnah "styled" wardrobe. It takes a great deal of courage, personality and confidence to express oneself freely. Specially, in islamic way in todays atmosphere. I am really impressed by this young cricketers choice, character and decesion making ability at such an young age.

As long as he doesnt have any rigid and extreme religious thoughts or tries to impose these on his fellow team mates, I think his will have a better influence on this young, up and comming and impressionable squad. At least, Sir Siddons will have one less Andrew Symo like worries.

Gone are the days when BD players would have been pretty pleased just to immitate foreign players. Now they are beginning to set trends and behave and express themselevs as a free man...start of a new chapter in BD cricket book- definitely. I wish Mehrab all the best on and off the cricket field. Hope he ups his SR a bit more and dosnt give up singing The young man is multi-talented...no doubts there!

Please leave your thoughts and views.