View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 06:47 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Damning Report on BCB inaction and Coaching

Mo Isam's latest report reveals that the BCB are doing nothing to improve fast bowling, and that the training methods in practice are not quite what they should be

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/606183.html

"The absence of Shakib Al Hasan, who is about to have surgery on his right leg, will have a major impact on Bangladesh's bowling attack. His injury, because of the workload he shouldered over the last five years, is a signal to the Bangladesh Cricket Board that it needs to do something to improve the sluggish development of fast bowling in the country.

There hasn't been much effort to look for raw fast bowling talent at grassroots level either. According to former national coach Sarwar Imran, the success of previous nationwide pace hunts should have prompted the board into looking for more fast bowlers. But the concept hasn't been pushed, much to the dismay of Imran.

"There hasn't been any progress in the hunt for fast bowlers in Bangladesh," Imran, a leading fast bowling coach and mentor, said. "There haven't been any pace bowling hunts in the last 3-4 years. The pipeline is dry. There aren't many pace bowlers coming up, which is a shame because the success rate of the two district-level hunts was quite high."

"Mashrafe Mortaza came up from an Under-17 camp while Rubel Hossain and Shafiul Islam are both from nationwide hunts. But these programs have stopped and I really don't know how these pace bowlers will come up from the different districts."

"The culture of the national team's training sessions has also contributed to Shakib's injury. I have observed that these days the senior players are not pushed too hard in training. I suspect that is one of the reasons for Shakib to have become weakened.

I am unsure just how many more times this can all be said to be honest.

It's frustrated the hell outta me since 2010.