View Single Post
Old June 6, 2013, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Wasim ahead of both. Don't think i will see another bowler as enjoyable to watch like him.

I also started watching from 91-92 so I have seen more of Waqar than Imran Khan. I would put Waqar ahead in seaming conditions
wasim and imran are pretty close imo, pretty hard to split them. akram the slightly more talented bowler but in terms of results imran very slightly ahead of wasim. imran's consistency with the bat is what puts him ahead in usefulness as a cricketer imo otherwise there isn't much between them (pretty much personal preference on an enjoyable factor). the main negatives against wasim are his strike rate (though imran's isn't quite top notch either) and that he took a higher ratio of tail end wickets (but depending on perspective that's also a positive - you need to be able to get the tail out and the quicker you do it the better).

as for waqar ahead of imran in seaming conditions, i like you haven't seen as much of imran as i have of waqar but imran had a lot more variation with the ball. waqar was almost specifically an inswing bowler at pace whereas imran could move it both ways, seam it, had a good bouncer, pace. imo imran is the more complete bowler and therefore for me it's hard to place him ahead of waqar no matter what the conditions are.

for me waqar falls behind because he has less variations to the other 2. imran and wasim, purely in terms of bowling are almost impossible to split between.