View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Single majority owner, I'd think Orion has more money than anyone.
The Group has business in Agro, Cosmetics (the famous Kohinoor Chemicals), Energy (Two 110+ MW Power Plants), Real Estate (City Center, 37 storey building in Motijheel which is the tallest in the country), Construction (Jatrabari Flyover), Pharmaceuticals etc. They used to own a bank too, but got defunct and was later auctioned to a consortium of foreign investors back in Caretaker Govt days.

But if you considering amongst all owners, minor and major shareholders, no one can probably beat our beloved Bodna Kamal, who has shares in Sylhet Royal. Super genius, the guy has a questionable image as an businessman. Owns over 20 different companies that is registered in Bangladesh and only God knows how much he has in Swiss and other accounts around the world.
Considered an instrumental figure of the TK 20,000 Crore (roughly over USD 3 Billion) that was scammed out of share market during this AL govt's era in 2010-11.
I won't be surprised if SR is actually owned by him and Walton is just a front figure.
Big shareholder of the MLM Neway, the company that sponsored BD jersey during Asia Cup.
Big financier of the AL party.

Digicare, the owners of Rajshahi, actually owns a big chunk of BPL.
They are a big shareholder of the Game On event management that got this BPL rolling.
Infact I won't be surprised if the whole BPL is owned by Lotus Kamal, Mushfiq Mohan and syndicate of few other business men in Bangladesh with Game On (Kolkata based Indian company) is just the front face.
Nice....quiet informative..... But then, in BD so much of Black money around, it's pretty hard to measure actual capacity of anyone...