View Single Post
Old March 24, 2013, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I liked that partnership as well. kept it tight and the combo of Mash's seam bowling with Rasel's swing bowling was a treat to watch. a shame that Rasel has faded away. Honestly like watching Mash and Nazmul opening alsobecause even though they don't have much pace, they can actually keep it tight and dry up the runs. That combo with our spin attack is great. Shafiul and Rubel have very good records against in our G8 wins but have consistency issues and once they don't click, they look ugly
i honestly wouldn't mind giving rasel another chance in ODIs and if he does well there give him ago in tests. i know he hasn't done much domestically as of late but this is where we are at with pacers. of course there are guys like sajidul or kazi kamrul or even babu who could be tried. i don't get why the selectors have to keep going back to shahadat, his experience is irrelevant, he's not performing and hasn't performed for a very long time, try someone else. i understand rubel being kept around because he still has his weapons and has shown improvement in tests lately and has improved a lot in ODIs before his injury and pushed his average to an acceptable one (in ODIs).