View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

THREE PPGs and an ENG reflects just how tough it was during even strength situations. The Ducks pretty much took the middle of the ice away from us, outplayed us in the second period, and thanks to the HUGELY underrated Jonas Hiller (because he's Swiss and plays better in postseason) and Beauchemin (because he's a traditional defenseman), took the series opener 3-1. Fittingly, Beauchemin's ENG just a few feet away from Hiller sealed it for the Disneylanders.

But I thought we played well enough to hope for a split before heading back to Detroit. We must find a way to play the way we did during the first and the latter third of the third period FOR ALL THREE PERIODS for that to happen.

Other than Ericsson repeatedly losing possession, our young D performed well in front of a confident Howard, and the offense led by the relentless Hank and Pasha also forced Hiller to make some tough and timely saves. Abdel Kader in particular looked good with Nyquist executing some sweet and skillful moves. Franzen and Filppula didn't take quality shots but created good opportunities. Filppula was also good carrying the puck during D to O transition. The Fs and Brunner need to take more quality shots on goal and being bogged down at the boards won't make that happen.

I expected Chicago to win as they did but kudos to Minny for pushing them to OT. That being said, the Hawks never looked like they were going to let this one get away because the Wild simply don't have threatening goalscorers up front. Not the type the Hawks team D cannot handle.

LA came back strong in the final seconds of regulation but lost it in the end. Don't be surprised if Quick steals the next one.

I'll miss following the West as closely next year.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM..