View Single Post
Old December 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humayun
but do u have your own opinion ..........
The same phenomenon of observation altering the outcome of an experiment is experienced by Yogis and Mystics and myself where the mind when stilled becomes one with Existence. You actually feel the rhythm of the Universe which is the Background Radiation. But at that point you not the observer - but both the observer and the observed. If you want to disassociate yourself from that point and try to observe - you will lose that point.

So to experience it personally - you have to become one with what you wish to observe. Perhaps this does not explain the quantum phenomenon - we can only come to feeling the background radiation.

Perhaps if persisting on that state and walking the wave of the background radiation one can come closer to the source - but I have not or could not.

Mysticism apart, in personal life if we wish to understand, rather experience, a phenomenon first-hand then we need to be able to observe. We see this effect of quantum mechanics through secondary observations, for example the effect of electrons hitting a photo-sensitive plate and then looking at the plate - what has the electron done to that plate? But if we want to observe the electrons themselves then the phenomenon is radically different. We have equations from theory and we can extrapolate that to what would happen on the plate (rather we came to that conclusion after the experiment) - but it is still a secondary phenomenon. So how do we observe or experience of the phenomenon itself? I really am not sure if anyone can experience it directly. We see effects of the phenomenon but not the phenomenon itself. You see it in designing chips where the gates are becoming almost the size of electrons - at which point their behavior will not be that cut and dried anymore. That is ultimately the design limitation for solid state design.

So we see the effects, formulate equations to describe that effect - but can we really the phenomenon directly. By "seeing" I mean any personal observation with any of the senses - including feeling.

I do not know whether it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
Zsayeed Bhai, What is "theory of everything" ?

If you have a look from 4:40 to 8.23, you'll know I am not joking this time.
I saw the link as well. But it states that we need a Theory for Everything - but we do not have it. Is there more in that series where they develop the theory a bit more? Please point me in that direction.

Let me finish this post with a wise saying, "I can reach the Prophet but I cannot reach God - because I was not there. You had to be there."