View Single Post
Old September 12, 2005, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Whatever this person "Bangla bhai" is doing on forcing people to follow a certain way of thinking is clearly against the teaching of Islam, as Allah (SWT) said in Quran:

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sūrah al-Baqarah: 256]

“If it had been your Lord’s will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe?” [Sūrah Yūnus: 99]

We(as muslims) should try our best to spread the message of Islam but not force people into it.Persons like "Bangla bhai" are giving a bad name to our religion and it's followers.

Also, there was a thread in BC earlier on, regarding "minority oppression" in Bangladesh. This surprises me, as our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said:

Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me, and he who hurts me annoys God." (Bukhari)

"He who hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, I am his adversary, and I shall be his adversary on the Day of a Judgement." (Bukhari)

"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall mysefl be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

"Anyone who kills a Non-Muslim who had become our ally will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Bukhari)

I do not understand how the hindus/buddhist/christians and other minorities are treated badly by muslims, when our prophet(pbuh) has warned us so many times against it!

Edited on, September 12, 2005, 6:50 AM GMT, by nayeem007.