View Single Post
Old July 29, 2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default "he bends his head over his tummy and shakes"

Ian: my rebuttals in order.

"As compared, say, to the WICB ? Or maybe the PCB ?"

I do not want to compare BCB with the WICB or the PCB, I want BCB does its jobs efficiently to meet the ongoing needs of our players development. To compare one bad apple with the worse one and then feel good is an act of a dumber and kills one's entrepreneurship and innovation.

"Actually, no, lets compare the BCB to every other institution in Bangladesh."

Every other institutions in BD have a budget and resource constrain but affluent BCB does not. Additionally, it has been closely interacting with other Test playing nations, hence it is easier for them to learn and practice.

"Bangladesh is a wet, flat, low-lying tropical country. Therefore, turf wickets will tend to be slow. Unless, for example, you manage to dehumidify the air around the wicket for days to weeks."

West Indies has more rain than Bangladesh, if they can do it, why we can’t. Mud creates better bouncy pitches.

"Now, you can prepare bouncy wickets by use of astroturf over concrete ... but these wickets cannot be used for first-class cricket."

At least we can make an indoor bouncy pitch for the National Team Members practice.

"Look, BCB reports to Parliament, and Parliament can get them fired. The wasteful, useless junket probably cost about USD30k for the two of them ... but it wasnt the BCB's idea, and frankly I'd prefer not to pick a fight over 30 grand for people that can cancel the visa of the coach."

If BCB people get fired unlawfully, they can go to the Court of Law, because our Judiciary system is independent, additionally, you must have the courage to do the right thing for your country does not matter what. We do not need a fight over 30k, but need to criticize if we think that is not right as we live in a democratic society. Do not forget, 30k USD is a big amount for an institution in a country like Bangladesh.