View Single Post
Old October 23, 2005, 03:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bombayrocks
y r u ppl takin me as ur enemy as such guyz??
did i do wrong by makin a thread as this in a BANGLADESHI forum??aint we ppl equl here?
guyz its really makin me sad.
Aww Bombay, I feel kinda bad now. I expected some crazy harsh response from you revealing your true hateful self, but I guess you are trying to just understand.

To be honest, I have two wisdom teeth growing, and I failed a major mid term on Biology and Drugs. That is why this must MUST be my last post. Maybe the fact that my left side of my face is swollen and my failure might have made me a little harsh.

You have to remember that the last sentence kind of insulted (...the one about a nation is its history) my Czech and Bangladeshi sides.)

Further, halve my family is Bangladeshi, so I am now part biased. I'm sorry I can't help it. I love my little brother-in-law and all his friends, and my Mama and Papa. and my wifes God-Parents, and God-Brother, and her autns and uncles. They are all so cool and accepting.

I studied the history and can put myself into the Bangladeshi skin a little. It's interesting how I can get outraged. I'm surprised myself. I can't imagine how some of them must feel.

I wonder if you could look at the history you are learning in the internet and elsewhere from a "Bangladeshi" mind. Just for fun. Just for awhile. Just imagine that you are on the other side, and THAN read things from that view.

(and bharat, you are right, both sides faught the British, and many Indians liked the British, and there are many varied issues and sides to it all. And India does try to be sucular, and fair to both. There are many great things.)

By the way Bombay, your English is improving a lot. I am impressed. This is good for you. I remember some months back I challenged you, (under another name you were) to go and learn the history because of some crazy statements you made. And you are doing that. That is awsome buddy.

Now I challenge you to see it from the other side. THAT my friend is hard to do, but THAT is what makes a true historian, and what opens up your eyes. Once you do it, you end up doing it in everything. You end up seeing all views and all points from all sides. Your whole mind expands. It's beautiful I think.

But even so, when you have pain from wisdom teeth, have some failures, and are grumpy, your biases jump right out. And I will always be on the side of Bangladeshis, for my kids will be halve Bangladeshi, however, I try to see the India side. Just like I try to see the German side. And the Russian side. But will always be on the Czech side if needed to or called upon.

Ok, I have a group of 5 coming to my house for a group project. gotta go.

Have a good day Bombay and keep on learning. Good luck and sorry I made you sad, I hope you forgive me.

(ok back in Dec. this time I mean in, I'm not getting sucked in again.)