View Single Post
Old August 31, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
I am sorry but beating up bowlers in domestic tournaments cant be compared to bullying top international bowlers in places like England like Amla is doing. Amla's record is FAR better than gayle in premier form of the game as well as odi's. Amla averages almost 60 in odi's and SR is far higher than gayle and also gayle's average only 39. In tests also no comparison between the two, Amla is far better specially in last 2 years. Kohli's odi record is also FAR superior to gayle in odi's even though he is poor in tests. Gayle is massively overrated because of his bullying in IPL, he is nowhere close to being top 10 batsmen in odi's and top 15 in tests. He is a very good batsman but not in the class of Amla, Kallis, AB.
I know Gayle is no where as good as Amla in odis and tests, but in teaTwenties there is no one better than Gayle.
Amla or even Kohli's consistency is just beyond reality but so is Gayles power hitting.
And I dont know what u mean by Gayle beating up in domestic lgs, dont u know that Gayle is the first player to score an international hundred against SA in Tea20 cup,and also not to forget how he treated Brett lee in English conditions,in some T20 match.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)