View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...oul-with-army/

Even if I think it was not a hoax, the tone used by the Major General is disappointing...

Major General Hasan Shahid Suhrawardy, General Officer Commanding of Savar Cantonment, yesterday urged all not to play foul with the army.
“If you play foul with the army, there is a possibility that you might get hurt,” he said at a press conference at the secretariat in the capital.
The briefing was arranged amid news reports that had termed a hoax the miraculous rescue of garment worker Reshma Begum from the rubble of Rana Plaza 17 days into the collapse.
In an article published in the British tabloid newspaper Daily Mirror on June 30, Simon Wright wrote that two fellow workers of the sewing machine operator claimed Reshma had escaped with them on the day of the disaster and all three took treatment together at Enam Medical College and Hospital in Savar.
The GOC described the reports as false, motivated and a conspiracy to tarnish the image of the army and the country.
“I don’t want to comment on a person [Simon Wright] who was arrested in a criminal case. But I want him and those who were with him to be tried,” he told journalists, adding that Wright had come to Bangladesh as a tourist.