View Single Post
Old November 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't think they are going any far, given the current structure of women's cricket, if it goes, it will defy the conventional wisdom of development.

I think we are just being too emotional with one fluke performance against Srilanka. Just like we were after beating Pakistan in 99WC for the Men's team. Well, as far as this tournament is concerned, they have done ok... Just one unexpected win against SL, which could have gone either way and then Usual failure against Pak.
How quickly you forgot about our performance in Europe where we easily beat Ireland whereas our men team still struggle to beat Scotland and Netherlands in Europe, great performance against SA national team in BD, our ladies almost won the ODI and T20 series. If i am not mistaken, we have already beat SL couple of times. So, i won't say beating SL was a fluke. They have been playing good since they got ODI status.

Mind you, they hardly have any coach let alone separate coaching dept like men's team. They don't get high salary like men's team do. Despite all obstacles and difficulties they have passion and eagerness to perform good. Besides, we are not too far away from other Asian teams. Now we just need BCB's proper care and guidelines to become one of the best