View Single Post
Old May 4, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Unhappy Tiger Woods' father Earl Woods succumbs to cancer

A tragic day for the Woods family.

Earl Woods was 74 year old.
He was a visionary, an army lieutenant colonel who loved the game of golf. Earl Woods trained Tiger to play the game he loved. Through his guidance, Tiger won three USGA Junior and three USGA Amateur titles before turning professional in 1996.

Earl Woods wrote two books: Training a Tiger and Playing Through. In the first, Tiger talks about gaining an early love for golf, saying he started swinging a club at nine-months old to try and emulate his father.
“He was the person I looked up to more than anyone,” Tiger said. “He was instrumental in helping me develop the drive to achieve, but his role – as well as my mother’s – was one of support and guidance, not interference.”
In the second book, Earl talks about his philosophy, writing: “My whole life is about being positive. It’s about dreaming, and then taking steps in your life to achieve those dreams. It is about overcoming obstacles and stereotypes such as bigotry and prejudice. Life is about giving and about sharing and caring for others, standing up and being counted for what you believe in, being a spokesperson and a role model, and being an inspiration.”

The family has asked in lieu of flowers to please send all donations to The Earl Woods Scholarship Fund, c/o the Tiger Woods Learning Center, One Tiger Woods Way, Anaheim, Ca. 92801. - I thought this is all about the class of Wood family.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/fulls...353&iType=6245