View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
imrul for tests....no way he should be considered. naeem is a possible but as a #7 imo. order should be but no doubt won't be like this:

1 tamim
2 anamul
3 mominul
4 shakib (shakib is only at #4 because nasir is still inexperienced and so are anamul and mominul, otherwise #4 would be nasir).
5 nasir
6 mushy
7 dhiman

tamim is our best opener so of course he makes it, anamul is our best prospect and done well in FC domestics plus u19 WC, momimul has been batting #3 lately and is still the A teams best batsman, shakib and nasir are our best partnership building batsmen who can play in any situation and generally come up good when needed, mushy has been our best #6 for years in tests and ODIs and dhiman can play as wicket keeper batsman (he's not horrible with the bat). but this will never happen because mushy will keep the gloves, and i don't think it's likely both anamul and mominul will be selected.

possible they'll put shakib at #3 which imo is to much to ask when he's also expected to be the best bowler.

possible nazimuddin wasn't in the A team because they weren't questioning his spot as 2nd opener, i think naeem has a good chance of being in the team to.
I would pick the same squad if I were the selector but I also have my doubts this will happen. 1st Dhiman hasn't been picked even in the A team so that means he won't be picked for the WI tour. And as much as I want Anamul and Mominul in the team, I have my doubts that they'll be picked. If they don't get picked then most likely we'll see Jahurul there and either Junaid or Ashraful. Since Ashraful ended up getting the nod ahead of Junaid for the T20 WC, we'll probably see him ahead of Junaid in the pecking order.