View Single Post
Old July 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Don't Listen to Mahela keep Ash @ 5/6

Mahela was implying that the partnership meant nothing since Ash and Mushi were batting so low and the result was a forgone conclusion. Thats pure []! A 191 partnership is a 191 partnership dead match or not and a Test Century is still a Test Century. I'd love to see Ash bat higher but if he isn't comfortable batting 3 or 4 he should stay at 5 or 6.

All of his Test Centuries have come in at the 5 and 6 positions and his numbers aren't so good at 3 and 4, where as he's average inconsistent Ash at 5 and really really good Ash at 6.

Ash at 6
Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0

unfiltered            37   72   4  1756 158* 136  129*  25.82   4   7  11
filtered               7    7   1   396 129* 114   98   66.00   2   1   0
Don't mess with a good thing and keep him at 6, Jayawarde figures if Ash bats @ 3 and they can get him than they wouldn't have too field and chase all them boundary balls and keep looking at dot balls. If you have the perfect #6 batsmen than don;t mess with that and teach them tail enders how to put a bat down yes I'm talking to you Mr. Sharif and Mortaza and stupid runouts.

Ash can't be the Top Order, SN and Bashar have the skill to do better, Javed is Javed and if Rajin can be Mr. 40 I can live with that. Mushifq should come at 5. Tushar can come at 7 and then our tail. The coach and Ash need to work with the Tail so we don't have these embarssing endings.