Thread: Tamim Solution?
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2011, 03:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

At least a few of you are starting to get my point!

Tamim's average is hovering around 30 but that does not make a batsman 'world-class'. If you look at the world class batsmen they average 40-50, not 29-31. If Tamim cannot change the way he plays then why not let him bat in middle and take PP2? He will support the middle order and accelerate at the time we know we need to find someone who can.

There is no doubt he is a highly talented player with a great eye for the ball. So is Afridi.. so is Yuvraj Singh.. but Tamim needs to start getting 100s for Bangladesh and not quick 30s and out more times than not. We got to have someone smarter than a great slogger at the top.

I don't expect the Tamim fans to understand this. I am a fan if his too by the way. I just think if he is going to smash the ball in the air as his way of scoring or get out to straight balls, then we could utlise a more solid opener in SN and have TIK come in where he can really do some damage.

Anyway it was just a discussion point. I don't think we can afford to accept that all things are set in stone.