View Single Post
Old June 7, 2009, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Im not blaming anyone, coz if u look at the scoreboard, we werent all rubbish. If it wasnt for that yuvraj Cameo, the game wudv been ours. But then again, if we dont get 100 on an exam, there must have been some mistakes:
1. Playing Rajib. We went in with 3 pacers, but one good quickee. Rubel has to understad his pace is lethal against ned/scot. But against india/aussie, his pace alone isnt good enough. He needs to swing and learn a proper slower deli. And rajib, well I wasnt expecting anything frmo him, playing him was a mistake. I still think we should have picked Nazmul hossain instead of Rajib[in the 15]
2. Why are we playing 8/9 batsmen?in T20 we need 6-7 batsman. and 6 bowlers. And I really dont count Naeem as a main bowler, he is more of a 'fill in the gap' bowler. We need razzak, no matter how bad he is doing. And i would prefer rasel over rajib in an ODI.
these were the tactical mistakes
now comes the 'boli-r pathas'
ashraful : gets a 2/10 from me. He was going good, had 7 runs from 3 balls, why would he go for dat shot??? he needs to understand that the opposition literally prays for his wicket, he needs to understand the significance of his wicket. To me Ash's out was the turning point of the game. If he stayed there till the 12th over, u never kno.
Shakib: lay off this guy. He has been performing with bat n ball non stop. He will have a bad day, and we have to back him up for days like these. Yet his bowling was superb.
Mash: One more time: why isnt he bowling at depth?? is he scared to bowl at the end?? If he is, then he shud not be the premium bowler. apart from that, an alright bowling performance
Mushy: well poor guy, his keeping was never his strength. And Im afraid his missed stumping of UV cost us at least 20 crucial runs.
Tamim : I have heard he has 'license' to go mad. But wats the point in playing 8 ball 17s?? he needs to stay there a bit longer. And score some runs.
As a team, BD did pretty alright. To me the difference between the teams were UV. his quickfire 40 odd really made the difference, and we needed an yuvi innings in our batting.
alas, we lost. But stil, 155 against india in T20 is not bad. We should win the game against Ireland. Inshallah