View Single Post
Old June 18, 2007, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The support goes through the South Indian Tamil front. The Govt don't/can't do this openly.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2002/07/12...1202781200.htm

Here is another report by Jain commission. I am just showing the link.

"Though it is obvious from the evidence before the commission that both the Karunanidhi government in Tamil Nadu and the Rajiv Gandhi government in Delhi were at some stage deeply involved with the LTTE, Justice Jain adopts different standards in judging the conduct of the two leaders.

Jain comes down on the DMK and M Karunanidhi with a ton of bricks for hobnobbing with the militants holding them indirectly responsible for the assassination. However, the Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi administration's training and arming of LTTE and other Sri Lankan militants was acceptable to Justice Jain. ``To insinuate that the training of militants organised in India contributed to the growth of Sri Lankan Tamil militancy would be simplistic. Evidence before the Commission indicates that the training was essentially for self-defence and not for launching military operations or for encouraging internecine conflict.'' he ruled. (The Indian Peace Keeping Force at the receiving end of the highly trained LTTE cadres probably did not see the matter in this benign light!) Justice Jain stresses the point that ``prior to 1989 the militancy, particularly LTTE activity, was not anti-national in character'', unmindful of the bomb explosion at Madras airport in 1985 caused by Tamil militants in which 30 people were killed, numerous clashes between rival groups of Tamil militants on Indian soil and smuggling across the border by the LTTE."
http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily.../34850693.html

"The LTTE has always sought friendly relations with India. The LTTE leadership has maintained this position despite the politico military pressures imposed by India. LTTE did not waiver from this stance even when it succeeded both militarily and politically against the Sri Lankan government."

"The Sinhala nation, which was so vociferous in its opposition to the Indian intervention in the Eighties, has been recently inviting India to intervene in the ethnic crisis. This is not because of a change in heart from the Sinhala nation. It is because of their desire to break the strength of the Tamil liberation struggle at any cost. "

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2006/05/464
Moment of truth

It is an open secret if you have a Tamil friend. I do not just say things against a nation without knowing somethings about it.

I know how India helped us in our independence. It is very significant comparing to why they did. Without it who knows we would still be under foreign oppression. Noone can deny that. Similarly I know how they are helping on this cause. The Govt may ban LTTE but very reluctant to shove them away from the Indian soil or cut off resources (money and arms).

Now mods can close this thread.
My 2 cents on this ...

The situation in Tamil SL can be compared to that of BD under Pak with the only difference of the Indian stance on this issue.

The Tamils in Tamil Nadu are naturally sympathetic to their bretehern in SL as were the Bengalis in WB across the Eastern border.The only difference in here is that the Indian govt went out and out to support East Bengal but in the case of SL she is supporting the SL govt rather than the Tamilians.

The reasons are pleanty but the SL govt appreciates Indian efforts in the region as the situation would have been completely to the contrary had India taken a stance based on ethnicity,history or religion.