View Single Post
Old June 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

tigers_eye,

FYI, i am a tamilian myself from the southern indian city of chennai. This is why i have a strong feeling of what is happening there. I can assure you, neither me or my friends or my family or anybody who i know is pro-LTTE. We all think they are terrorists, period !!! Tamil Nadu is just a state in India and am sure majority of tamilians feel my way, now take this and compare this to the whole picture of India, how many indians or Indian political parties do you think will support LTTE ?

If you read the article posted by you, the link on hindu.

Quote:
CHENNAI JULY 11. The Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will continue to support the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam and there is no change in its stand, the party founder leader, S. Ramadoss, said here today.
Addressing mediapersons, he said the ban on the LTTE had been there for many years and political parties in Tamil Nadu, including the PMK, were for lifting it. Their demand did not mean these parties were anti-national. He cited the Madras High Court's permission to P. Nedumaran to organise a conference in support of the Sri Lankan Tamils and the LTTE. Trying to invoke the provisions of the POTA even for supporting the LTTE was against the freedom of speech guaranteed in the Constitution, he claimed.
Describing the arrest of Vaiko as nothing but ``misuse'' of POTA, he said it was a diversionary tactic by the AIADMK Government as it had failed miserably on all fronts. ``The Chief Minister should at least listen to the advice of her `political guru', DK leader, K. Veeramani, who opposed using the Act for political vendetta,'' he added.
PMK is a political party - agreed. Anybody, any group can register a political party in democracy and voice their opinions, cant they ? These guys are a minority of the percentile of the population. PMK is one of those trouble making, hartal doing parties who just want to stay in the lime light for the heck of it. But arent these kind of parties everywhere ? they might have followers, but lets take the majority opinion.

Another link for you from the same paper, during the same regime (Jayalalitha as CM in Tamil NAdu)
http://www.hindu.com/2004/03/11/stor...1108210400.htm

Now here is a link from wiki,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_E...beration_Front

If you see, the Indian govts stance on LTTE and TELO.

I do agree India's fault initially for her political interests in the Island Nation, Its in a similar situation of how US is with Afgan and Iraq. But India learned from her mistakes in the 1980's and "currently" we are as much anti-LTTE as anybody else.

thanks,
Padosan