View Single Post
Old February 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
Cricket Sage

To me we lost the game when gave up 370 Runs. There is no way we could have won the game regardless whoever you bring as PP slogger. So for that game there was only one problem, i.e. our bowling (for some reason) didn't worked, more or less top to bottom in the bowling order.

Now to solved our PP issue, which was not the cause of our defeat against india, we are suggesting further weakening our bowling attack by a) removing a specialied bowler thus playing with 3 specialized bowler and two part timers; b) Unbalance bolwing by only including one FB.

This doesn't make sense at all. Yes we want to fill the holes, but not at the cost of creating bigger holes elsewhere.

Now for the sake of argument if we solely concentrate on batting:

It is not only at the end of the innings where we failed to chase the total 370. Naeem & Razzak wasted 13 balls to score 3. But not too many balls waisted. mahmudullah had a SR 100 facing 6 balls. So they played a part but that was not the whole story why we couldn't chased 370. There was other part in the game where we played for "shomman Jonok score" and we never realistically chased the score.

For example, Tamim faced 86 balls to score 70. That means the rest of the players need to score 300 runs in 230 balls i.e. at the rate of SR 133 all through the innings. When out best attacking batsman can barely make a SR of 81, how is it possible for the rest of the team to maintain an average SR of 133?

Yes tamim sat the platform for a goos score, but with low SR was not good enough platform to chase 370 runs.