View Single Post
Old September 2, 2002, 09:10 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Do you know

Do you know that Sharif is our YOUNGEST TEST DEBUTANT? He is, on paper.

And so far, we have lots of players debutante in test cricket who are aged between 16 to 19 so far:

1) Sharif
2) Mashrafe
3) Talha (second youngest after Sharif)
4) Ashraful (may be third youngest)
5) Tushar Imran
6) Alok Kapali

As for the Kenya's performance in this tournament, to me, it gets to show EXACTLY HOW WEEK Bangladesh A bowling line up is.

Only Kennedy Otieno Obuya is in good form and Tikolo, Odumbe have the worst form of their life - kind of like the form that our Aminul and Akram had while they played against Kenya.

But, the thing is that a Odoyo - not the Thomas Odoyo who is playing for Kenya in this TriNations tournament, another Odoyo had scored a hundred against our A team bowlers (against Tapash Baisya, Anwar Hossain Munir and Alamgir Kabir, Ashraful) in the last three day match. If it was in a one day match, then I would not be taking this fact seriously as we all know how indisciplined our any pace attack is - whether be it national or not-national.

So, all we have to do, is CHANGE OUR WICKETS, PITCHES, PLAY MORE FOUR DAY MATCHES WHERE RESULTS ARE IMPORTANT - NOT A FIRST INNINGS LEAD.

And within the next couple of years, I am looking forward to see our batsman getting all out once again for a new low.

And don't forget, the lowest Test innings total is 26 runs - far too much for our present batsman to score against South Africa in South Africa in the forthcoming test series.