View Single Post
Old June 19, 2005, 02:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Magic moments of a memorable match

My favourite 13 moments of the match:

1. Mashrafe trapping Gilchrist LBW

2. Hayden's sigh of relief vs the look of disbelief on Tapash's face when Haydo was caught by Rafique off a No-Ball

3. 50 P'ship between Ash and Bashar (the moment I started having a gut feeling there's something special cooking today)

4. Nervous Boof on top of a crane applauding Ashraful's innings (when he was in his 80s)

5. Ashraful's push to long on bringing up his 100

6. Ashraful kissing the turf

7. Ponting and Gilchrist congratulating Ash on his 100 - a very nice gesture, I must say

8. Ashraful's dismissal - Incredible standing ovation by the Wales crowd, Adam Gilchrist running up to him to pat him on the back

9. Ponting running back and forth to his bowlers and having long chats with them before just about every delivery.

10. Atahar Ali Khan profusely sweating in the commentary box, and Bob Willis constantly fanning to cool him down. Cheers to Darren Lehmann for being such a good sport as well.

11. Aftab's SIX. I'm sure we all vividly remember Pilot's stunning 6 off Tony Suzi at Malaysia in 1997 (ICC Trophy). That day I thought I will never see a 6 this memorable again in my life. Today, I must admit that Aftab's 6 has proudly replaced Mashud's as my most favourite 6 of all time.

12. Aftab and Rafique scampering off a single to seal the deal. Priceless Moment!

13. The looks on Ponting's face as he first hopelessly watches Aftab's hit sail over wide long on for SIX, and the very next ball helplessly witnesses the greatest upset in ODI history cemented by Bangladesh.