Old October 29, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
Who cares if he is arrogant

every successful cricketer needs a bit of arrogance
fully agree.

however, there is a good arrogance and a bad arrogance. if bad arrogance is not backed up by ability and production one ends up looking stupid. take ponting and sreesanth as prime examples. ponting, people hate but respect as a great cricketer cuz he backs up his arrogance - however, its still the "bad" arrogance of challenging umpires and attempting to undermine cricket's code of honor. sreesanth fell off the map and hence his arrogance ended up looking childish and immature.

so far, i like what i see in shakib, any arrogance he has is just confidence that those extremely elite sportsman have. for one thing, shakib sounds very mild when he speaks. he doesn't have a arrogant ponting-esque tone. while rahul dravid was known as a meek leader, imo, he sounded cocky as hell. he always sounded like he a had a long handle up his you-know-what.

shakib i like most readily to Muhammad Ali, whose arrogance was anything but serious. the comparison is far from perfect, but you should get the point.

everyone remembers the bad boys in sport, the charles barkleys, the TOs, but very few people can dominate professional sports with the grace of humility. the only one i can think of is Hakeem the Dream. Shakib ain't at that level, but, imo, he's far from arrogant.

Quote:
originally stated by the Boss, Shakib al Hasan
we can still win 4-1...we're the better team

#OneTeam1Dream