View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 09:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I've put asterisks next to those on your list who (from memory) have played for the national team before.

I think the argument would be that these guys aren't exactly experienced and some of them arguably not even consistent first class performers.

I agree the talent pool is in fact larger than the likes of shakib and siddons care to admit, but there'as no denying BD's resources are limited.

For example, Deccans (foysol hossain) finally gets a recall (against England last summer) after some strong performances both domestically and for the A team. but he gets picked for the wrong format (ODIs instead of tests) and is used primarily as a spinner even though he is a top order batsman.

Similarly, there's all this talk of Rokibul being too slow, yet the buzz around who should replace him revolves around the debutants Shuvagato and Nasir Hossain. No one thinks it wise to consider recalling other stoic cricketers such as Rajin Saleh.

The selectors should be as fair as possible, and I'm afriad to say I don't think this happened under siddons as much as it should have. If someone does well in the NCL and in representative sides (A team, Academy etc) they should be given a fair chance. being called Tushar Imran (tried and tested) or Anamul haque (young and inexperienced) should not count against them.

Just my opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i dont know, why everybody says we dont have local talent, or extra bench strength. i think most BD players are almost same caliber except may be tamim, shakib and ashraful. we see in domestic league and A team--several players are performing. who ever gets call in national team, we think they are the future. even after this 15 plus 5 reserve--- we have
1. jahurul islam omi,*
2. asif ahmed,
3. hannan sarker,*
4. najmul hossain milon,
5. aftab ahmed
6. mominul hauque
7. anamul hauque
8. tasamul hauque
9. faisal hossain dickens*
10. tushar imran*
11. saikat ali
12. alauddin babu
13. fazle hossain rabbi
14.noor hossain
15. dhiman ghosh*
16. farhad hossain
17. farhad reza*
18.myshukur rahman real
19. dollar mahmud*
20. tapash baisya*
21. alauddin babu
22. abul hossain
23. shubhashis roy
24.shamsur rahman shuvo\
25. marshall ayub
26. elias sunny
27, arafat sunny
28. nabil samad
29. sanjamul islam
30.ejaj ahmed

we can name several name like these.so why we still cry that we dont have local talent?