View Single Post
Old July 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This is serious!!!!

Oi pola tor nam ki, tor boro bhai'er nam ki? Bap'er nam ki?

Looks like this is close to Mogbazar's rail line side. I grew up in the 70's there first goli after the mosque. House number 1/3 Dilu road. I still visit there. That is my Nana bari in Dhaka. One of the adi settlers at Dilu Road.
+++
'79, we moved to Shamoli, BACHS beside Uttor Adabar. Gram'er shaad in the middle of the city back then.
+++
Early 80's off to Mirzapur. Time to time, I would spend my vacations in Khulna, Barisal or Dhaka. Late 80's back to Dilu road. Then '91 US.
+++
Now New DOHS when I visit.
I had a friend named ripon who also lived in the narrow goli by the mosque. We used to go to Probhatai Biddaniketon field to play cricket. I actually lived in 3 different houses, a bit firthur down.

79'-80s --14/2 Dilu road....you go all the way, and then you go right just after the Chachar dokan, lol, i mean the bura chaha who used to sale laddos for 1 taka.

80's - Next we lived the house next to the Shomi Kaisers house for about 6 years, this one you probabl know. You need to make a left before you reach the divided part of dilu road at the end.

Then i think it was 1989 when we moved to 356/1, Hasan Saheber bari. You make right from the divided part. And then there are 2 nice 5 storied building at the end of that road, we lived on the 3rd floor on the left side building, yellow color.

Amar naam Fahad. Amake chinben na, i was picchi those days. We moved to mirpur in late 90's and came back to moghbazar in 2001 again. Now we r in Gulshan 2.
I have so much memories in this goli, i learned riding bicycle here, made accidents, achar laddo coke khawa , mosjid er paser dokan theke vdo rent kora, then dilu road er baire ekta clinic chilo, naam bhule gechi, clinic er pase arekta vdo store chilo, okhane jetam prai. probhati te cricket kheltam - its just lots of memories there.

And the coffee house, out of dilu road, on the left. duplex coffe house, i m sure you know that. Man koto je sikh kabab khaisi okhane, unbelivable. Upore dentist er clinic chilo, niche ekta casset er dokan chilo.lol

Last edited by Mav; July 17, 2009 at 01:33 PM..