View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Of course Mominul is on my mind today ! How can he not be? What a superb effort.

Few other things :
1. Anamul has serious technical issues. I am not impressed with him at all, so far. But, the sample size is small, so we will have to wait and see.

2. No point getting upset with Tamim. He is what he is. He will chase deliveries outside. On his day he connects those all day. But, he will also misfire and get caught. I hear talks of dropping him. That is lunacy. We just can't afford it. But, he needs to back among runs. Doesn't matter how or what manner he gets it. Just get some runs.

3. Marshall Ayub- What was the point ? Sure, he held anchor and supported Mominul, but he is a no.3 , not a night watch man. He played a brilliant night watch mans innings. If a top order plays that many balls and gets out, in my mind its a waste. SR of somewhat around 50% was the least I expect even in a supporting role for a top order bat. If he did that, we would be on par with NZ in terms of runs right now. Not behind by 80 odd.

4. Rahim makes batting look easy. I like his blend of aggression and defense. Has been scoring freely and it should continue.

5. Sakib is hurt IMO.

6. Nasir is the find of this decade. They don't make too many like him in BD cricket. I would never ever move him up the order. He is fine where is. He is comfortable where he is and he knows how to play the game at that position.

7. Riyad has nobody but himself to blame. He is too good to bat at no.7-8. But, he refused in the past to bat in top. He should have. There is still vacancy. The no.3 position is still in flux, but there are other guys ahead of him in the depth chart.

8. Our pacers are worse than perhaps some associate teams. I have no doubt about that. I feel like we use them to get the shine off so spinners can do their bowling all day. Its rare to see opposition in trouble ( for ex : 50/3 ). Its a good day if they can manage 1 wkt before spinners come to fray. They can't give initial multiple breakthroughs. 120/1 is what we get and should expect- on a good day. Not to mention, they breakdown all the time, physically.

Basically, that was on my mind, this morning.