View Single Post
Old July 22, 2005, 10:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banindfan
I agree with you Rob.
But England have to be well prepared before they come to India.Its gonna be totally different
Trescothik may do well.Strauss,I havent seen him against spin but will play the medium pacers better.Flintoff would click.So does KP.But I dont see Bell,doing well.Vaughan is inconsistent Nowadays.Harmsison should try to get the better out of Sehwag or he destroys u even McGrath had some Problems.
I dont think Sachin and Saurav would perform well against the English Pacemen.
Bettter watch out for Dravid,Sehwag,Laxman(unpredictable)----but beware,Pathan,Kumble,Harbhajan
Hey Rob I forget to mentin about one guy....Hees currently rated as India's no1 seam bowler-------.Laxmipathy Balaji...hees really good ...i promise

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 2:49 PM GMT, by banindfan.
May I just ask that people are patient and wait a while before making conclusions about Ian Bell. I have seen a lot of him and he does have a lot going for him and I am sure he will prove his worth in time.

Vaughan very rarely gets out to spin and is a good player of it, Trescothicks an OK player of spin, Strauss is unproven really, so is Ian Bell, Freddie will either fail or destroy spin, G Jones is unproven. KP is relatively unproven but is apparantly a good player of spin, he destroyed India A's spinners when England A toured India last and has destroyed Warne on a few occasions, albeit in charity games.

We should drop Hoggard for the sub continent, he is badly overated in my opinion. When it doesn't swing he is money for old rope.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 3:48 PM GMT, by Rob.