View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Tamim Iqbal Khan: "We'll Win"

Quote:
"We'll win it," a cheeky Tamim Iqbal said, dismissing all thoughts the Bangladesh may need some time to get back into the groove of playing Test cricket. "If you're eating with the left hand, you won't forget to eat with the right hand. It's exactly the same - you need to prepare well, set your mindset and just play." Zimbabwe's Hamilton Masakadza, who was sitting next to Tamim during their media session had a ready response. "We'll come out guns firing too and look for the win," he said.

Zimbabwe are hoping to capitalise on home advantage. They are reportedly preparing a pitch that will have some life for the quicker bowlers, so that they terrorise the Bangladesh batsmen with short balls and counteract the threat of left-arm spin. Tamim doesn't care about any of that. "We've toured South Africa, with one of the quickest wickets in the world. We faced Dale Steyn who is one the quickest bowlers in the world," he said. "I don't think there is any Dale Steyn in this team and I don't think there is any Cape Town wicket so I don't think we will have a problem."

A teasing response from Masakazda this time. "You speak so well now," he said to Tamim, who only laughed, letting the Zimbabwean continue. "Anyway, Tamim is one of the Bangladesh players who does play the short ball well. Cricket is evolving and it's a thing of the past to say one team doesn't do this, or does do this so I don't think that will play too much of a role," Masakadza said.
Read the rest there

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/525730.html