View Single Post
Old August 10, 2004, 12:01 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i was detouched from bd cricket when bulbul was dropped. but as long as i remember, other than the sole century on the debut match, he was lame for a long period of time, on both sides of the debut match innings. i could be wrong, but i don't think he really had too much he could offer.

i also missed the golder era of kapali. may be thats the reason i some times get surprised to see some forum member's pasion for kapali. but, i can garantee, dropping him at his point is the best thing that can happen to him. now, he has a chance to put himself togather and do justice to his talent. if we kept playing him like that, it would not only harm kapali, but also made our shaky middle order even worse. there are more than enough people on the selection panel who are willingly looking for a chance to put kapali back in the team. all kapali need to do is give them some excuse to do so.

for some reason, i'm not that much optimistic about hannan. i've a feeling that javed and nafis will do something so weird that we've to stop our never ending search for openers.

last but not least, if whatmore is not the right man for bd cricket, there is simply none.