View Single Post
Old May 3, 2007, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. As legendary as Mayweather's punch-slipping skills are, could he manage to avoid De La Hoya's flattening left hook for all 12 rounds?
2. Could De La Hoya, who at 34 is four years older and has a history of tiring on occasion, deal with Mayweather's relentless pace and superhuman physical conditioning, even in the late rounds?

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I am hoping the Golden boy would win but I think the Crazy Mayweather is too fast and will win in the end.
Mayweather wins easy, hopefully I'm wrong but he beat Gotti into a plup his corner had to throw the towel. Mayweather is been embarrassing De La Hoya in so many press conferences. Did you read what Oscars been doing for training in this fight? I think he's doing something unimaginable, he's gonna try to win but he's gonna get 25 million to get a beatdown.

Floyd said he'd fight an MMA (UFC) fighter just to show that Boxing is better but IMO he'd get destroyed if entered a cage against those guys.

A poem by Floyd Mayweathers Father, former trainer of De La hoya up until this fight but they're still friends

Oscar, I heard you have a new coach, and his name is Freddie Roach.
Can he train you? Yes he can. But can he come to your aid? That's like fighting my son with an empty can of Raid.
I'm being for real and saying what I feel. This is the truest note I've ever wrote.
Oscar, you're at the crossroads. You have to go to the right or you have to go to the left. You can't depend on nobody else.
There's nothing personal between me and you. We need to do what we have to do.
When you beat those old legends, they were over the hill. Now you're about to swallow the same pill.
Come May 5th you better be ready, because when you lose I don't want you blaming it on Freddie.
Oscar, greed overcame common sense. You don't have a clue that money don't make you.
You're ungrateful, unfaithful and disrespectful. You shocked my mind. You're one of a kind. You're the cheapest promoter of all time.
So get your tickets now and let's make it clear, because your May 5th whipping is almost here.