View Single Post
Old September 9, 2004, 06:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Environmental Friendly?

Pollution is a global problem. It is one that plagues every single individual in this world. However, we seem not to be affected by this at all.

Often we throw drinks can on the streets and not think about what we have done. Plastic bottles, paper bags, plastic bags, glass bottles and virtually anything else that is worth disposing of without much effort. I am not exempt from this practise and admit I have done this myself on several occasions.

We are not only affecting the environment in which we live, but also the habitat of other animals. Many small creatures get trapped in our litter and die. Not only that, but sometimes objects get carried by the sewage into the sea and sea turtles die from eating plastic bags (thinking they are jellyfish).

Does anyone else here litter and not think twice about their actions? If so, why do you litter and which places (is there a bin located nearby)? Do you think that littering will become a bigger problem, or will it subdue- with new laws and regulations?

Are you environmental friendly?