View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
anamul is potentially that player that will score 100 on a consistent basis, he is obviously great at converting 50s to 100s as he has more FC 100s than 50s. naeem has also been one of the better century scorers in domestics and hopefully with this test ton he'll carry that momentum on to being consistent at the test level. now for tamim, he's always had the ability and he's actually converted to centuries a lot more than other BD batsmen in the international game, being that he scored tons very consistently in the current NCL i have strong hope he will be able to translate that quite soon to the test level. shakib has had the ability to be one of the best batsmen for ages, but he more often than not struggles to convert 50s to 100s, he is mentally strong enough to get past this problem but it could take another couple of years. mushy has the ability also but mentally he's not there, i find that interesting because even though he wasn't scoring runs early on in his test career he was a player that would fight and try his best to hang in there and grind it out but he hasn't really developed that that part of his game yet.

i really don't think we should bat down to #8 though, if we do that the bowling suffers to much. just because we have a lot of middle order batsmen competing for spots in the XI doesn't mean we have to fit them all in, create some competition, the ones that can fit into the first 7 places play in that XI and the ones that don't are just going to have to keep scoring and keep pushing to knock someone out of the team and to take the opportunity when they get it.

if we always bat to #8 and our bowling isn't good enough to take wickets then we'll never be able to win test matches. some people might be content with BD drawing test matches, but most won't be and the rest of the world certainly won't see BD drawing test matches as good enough unless there are wins there to.
I hope Anamul does score 100s more consistently. Of course Tamim and Shakib are more capable of doing it. They have good techniques and can dismantle any bowling attack. The only problem is their temperament. They just can't settle their nerves once they cross 50 and they just rush it. Shakib has five and Tamim has three 85+ innings which easily could've been converted to 100. And the way they are still playing seems like they are not learning.

Actually I think the decision to bat down to 8 is ok as we still don't have many decent bowlers who are able to take 20 wickets. Our pacers are complete useless so I think we should go with one pacer. I know it's not ideal in test but if the pacers are just giving away too many runs and is not able to trouble the batsmen rather help them settle then it's better we take 2 spinners and we already have a full time bowler in Shakib. So that gives you 4 bowlers. Our spinners will at least stop the run flow and will try to take wickets. So as we have a toothless bowling attack, most of the time we will see the opposition scoring 500+ runs and the only way to match that is to have a deep batting line up.Specially when we know there is always 2 walking wickets in the line up.