View Single Post
Old December 23, 2017, 10:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Your ODI XI against Sri Lanka

IMO, our team management need to break away from the combination Hathuru left us with, to counter his strategies against us. A major change is needed to our top order batting, as well opening bowlers - with players whose weakness may not be too easy for Hathuru to exploit.

Given the number of lefties in the Lanka batting order, I would open with Miraz and Rony (probably the best new ball swing bowler we currently have). Fizz or Mash should be the first change depending on the situation (I would prefer to follow Warner's strategy to bring in Fizz when the ball is softer). I am not expecting a lot from Shakib in this series as a bowler, since he is well known to the Lankans and since majority of their batsmen are lefties. Which makes it important to have Mosaddek as a backup spinner in the team (also since he is one of our best batsman against spin).

From the top order, I would leave out Soumya, Kayes, and LKD - all their weaknesses are well known to Hathuru. Bring in Anam and Shanto instead.

My line up would be-

Tamim
Anam
Shanto
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mosaddek
Sabbir/Riyad
Mash
Miraz
Rony
Fizz

Bench: LKD, Saifuddin, Rubel

Last edited by Eshen; December 23, 2017 at 11:39 PM..