View Single Post
Old May 20, 2018, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

It depends in which botham you are talking about and also the standard you are expecting. Pretty sure for a certain period of time beefy was one of the top 5 bats in the world but if you're talking about an all time national xi then I agree, he couldn't make it on just batting and he couldn't make it on just bowling either (at least not if you take his entire career into consideration - at the beginning he certainly could've made a team as a pure bowler).

As far as sobers having more talent than beefy and Miller, well yes certainly more than beefy but I think Miller V Sobers is closer, both exceptionally talented batsmen but sobers showed it more at the highest level and probably had a slightly higher ceiling than Miller as a bat but as bowlers sobers strength was his versatility, I've no doubt Miller had more pace bowling talent than sobers had. Not saying sobers didn't have a lot of talent as a pacer but I just think Miller had more, Miller did also bowl some offices but didn't bowl spin anywhere near as often as sobers.

Mahela V Sanga, from what I saw sanga had more talent and their records show that as well.

Forgot Gilly, an underrated player imo, very much a top tier keeper imo and combine it with his batting then he was a talent rarely seen.