Thread: Rizwan Cheema
View Single Post
Old November 12, 2008, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Over-rate much, is this rizwan guy your cousin or something?

NEXT!

This guy is just a hard-hitting batsman who can slog half-volleys from medium pacers to the boundary on a flat pitch where the ball isnt swinging, even mashrafe can do that. Fair enough I saw a few good shots he played against zimbabwe, particurly the one where he smashed onto leg side.

THis guy cannot hit a ball that is on a good length or back of a length.

Yes he has some talent, he's a decent batsman, but guys like sakibul, ashraful, raqib and tamim are worth 5 times more.

You want to see amazing attacking shots, take a look at ashraful's 100 @ cardiff, or 92 against England.

And dhurr dont make me laugh at your comment, this guy isnt technically more correct than razzak. Atleast Razzak can do a pull shot.
You've said it all Nafi bhai, couldn't have said any better myself. He is simply way too overrated, cause those were just simply lifeless pitches in Canada, no bounce and swing whatsoever. And about Dhurr bhai's comment on our players playing Mendis, I do agree with him that Mendis certainly gonna make our boys cry, but I'm also sure that this Rizan Cheema won't be able to score in double figures if he plays Mendis in the sub-continental soil or in a sporting wicket anywhere in the world, let alone hitting him in the same fashion as he did in Canada. Some of his shots were good, but most of them were just pure slogs all over the ground, I bet that our Mash can do the same in those pitches if not better.