View Single Post
Old March 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Don't you guys have the MRF pace academy? I thought that would yield more results. I understand your frustration though because for a big team like India, you guys should have much better fast bowlers. I believe that you guys need to get rid of the loser trundlers like Vinay Kumar, Irfan Pathan, and Ashok Dinda and put in real pacers Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav. Can't understand why your selectors dropped Umesh Yadav who performed so well in Australia. Doesn't matter if he's expensive. At least he's got serious pace which the other 3 trundlers can't say.
Nope MRF and other pace academies are for shows where once in a month a top class bowler come and lecture how to bowl fast, its not worth it. You got to give it to our batsmen most of them make it through to the club level on their own talent, there is no encouragement or adequate coaching at the school level. So no support for a kid who wants to bowl fast at school level, if he gets injured thats it his career is spoilt no wonder our kids never choose Bowling. Umesh is injured I guess, thats another problem, you see shane watson, Bret lee showing commitments in going through fitness regimes to get better and then you see the likes of I.Pathan , vinay Kumar and others who gets free ride and get offered loads of money to do what a 12 year old school boy can do, it really breaks heart. We always have been the batting side but our bowling never been at worst as it is now. As I see it very soon we will be setting or chasing 400+ totals that is the only way we can win.