View Single Post
Old September 24, 2009, 10:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Hey, I was typing at midnight so maybe it doesn't make good sense. But basically I was just pointing out what some people are spreading around on cricinfo and around the world. This is what I think:
1) One-day matches do have boring middle overs half the time, but that's all-right, coz then you can do stuff in that time. I still like following ODIs

2) T-20 is, to me, a bit of a circus. Its good for fun and entertainment and a night out for people that do not want to be involved in actually following the game. Its like the music they play in the pubs. Just because ppl turn up doesn't mean they've converted to cricket. We shouldn't plan our cricket around this format.

3) The only people really having a problem with ODIs are the money-makers and advertisers. Obviously, if ppl stop following a game in the last 30 overs coz the contest is over, noone will watch the ads, hence its a gamble for the ad-makers. The rest are all being eye-washed.

4) ODIs might need some tinkering such as bringing back the bouncers, but nothing as drastic as splitting the innings. But i wanted to know what you guys think.

5) Tests are the ultimate show of cricketing skills, so don't touch it too much.

6) A couple of writers (ian chappel) at Cricinfo tried to say if Bangladesh didn't play boring contests won't happen half as much. I was just trying to say, reduce the ridiculously high no. of ODIs between top countries that are commercially viable and ppl would start caring more. If they had better balance, maybe we might be able to get even more games.

7) Can one really take T-20 too seriously? what's the point in playing sth where noone cares about the result. I, for one, couldn't say which team won the last IPL.

P.S: If anyone doesn't like the thread, fine, don't post. But don't try calling it kdpp when its not. I only posted based on articles over the last week. Would be glad if moderators could set up the links to Ian Chappel's article, and the one that quotes Sanga and Smith on eve of opening match.

Thnx to Al-Furqan bhai and couple of others who posted sth constructive. Really wanted to know a few ppl's opinions so keep posting. Cheers