View Single Post
Old June 16, 2017, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
What resolve?
Batting was rubbish. bowling was even worse!
We lost 2 matches and the match against Australia was almost lost, but we played Australia in ODIs after 7 years. The last match we had against them was at the 2015 WC and that too got washed out. I know it sounds like excuses, but my point was we need to give this team more chances. The only way we are going to improve is if we play the likes of Australia, England, South Africa, India more and more and start winning against them. Australia has been a top team for decades, how do you expect us to beat them and improve our cricket and mindset when we don't even play them? One of the reasons we beat NZ is because we play NZ very regularly and we are confident against them. The other fact is we played in England after what 2010? That is 7 long years. We didn't play in the 2014 CT, we haven't made any bilateral tours, forget A team tours that doesn't even happen anymore, not even U-19 tour if I remember after 2010. And whoever was in that U-19 team I don't even think is in this team. We played in Ireland but it seems completely different conditions and we did use whatever we learnt in that series because we defeated the only team that played that series in CT (NZ). We need to improve all these logistics and that won't happen if you don't give it time too. It's not like we are touring England in the next year too. Somehow our FTP has to improve if we are to keep rising higher, and I really hope with some of our performances in the recent past ICC wakes up and gives us that opportunity instead of degrading us further.

The resolve I am talking about I think will come upfront if we identify the mistakes, and apply upgrades and fixes wherever there are weaknesses in our team. Someone not performing even after given opportunities is not good enough for this level. We have had many talented batsmen in the past, if they are not with us anymore it is because they were not good enough. We applied upgrades and repeated the whole process. That is how we have to become a good team, but at the same time if you apply too many upgrades the whole team becomes unstable. It has to be slow but steady.

I agree with MHRAM that body language and attitude is as important if not more. You might not have the talent but if you put in hard work and if your attitude is world class, you will become world class eventually without any doubts. Btw I thought the players gave up in the semis because there was just not enough runs on the board, if we had 300 I think we would have seen a different team. Anyways, no point discussing the bygones. Time to look forward to the Australia tests, BPL and slowly the WC 2019.