View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Ok, I absolutely love this thread.. I really hope that Shakib get to read this ..

There is no question about how much we fans love him.. Shakib is our pride and more importantly it's him who is bearing the burden of the team on his young shoulder for quite a long time now and performing day in and day out.. We are grateful and happy for that ..

BUT I do want Shakib to go over and above to use his potential to the fullest.. It's not our demand it's a request from the fans to our very best player !!!

Ian pointed out some nice points that what is the average of some other world class batsman and where does he stand.. Yes, he is an all rounder but we can clearly see that he is sooooo capable of getting to an average 45+ .. I always wonder why does both Shakib and Tamim gets out just after reaching their 50s .. I think we get the answer after looking at them at the field.. Both of them looks sooo damn tired after playing 20 over or so that you can tell from their body language that they will get out soon and we know that most of the time they gets out to some silly mistakes on their end.. They just lose their concentration.. They really don't look fit to stay at the middle for full 50 overs and more (for test)

I don't agree with the point that Shakib needs to train more to set an example.. As someone said above that a well determined and ambitious cricketer will very well know what to follow from a great player and what not to.. Shakib himself said he follows many cricketers for different reasons but he doesn't have a role model.. So Shakib doesn't have to be a role model and do stuffs so other doesn't get a wrong message..Every player should be responsible for their own act and they shouldn't blame their role model because if they do their career is doomed then and there.. Like if Shahadat, Ashraful, or some others points finger at Shakib and say he didn't train then why should we? Yes that's a valid allegation but hey first put your acts together before pointing your finger at someone.. If you don't want to work hard and bring in an excuse of some best players of the team not training then loss is yours.. Cause not everyone can afford to skip training and put up an excellent show on the field..

So my point is Shakib doesn't have to work harder to just set an example rather he should work hard for his own betterment, for him to reach the heights of some greats of the game .. Once he does that the example will be automatically set..

What I believe If I reach one summit I should aim for the next big one.. Just push yourself to the extent that you surpass all the records.. You should never get complacent and satisfied.. I know Shakib is never satisfied with his performance that's the reason he is doing so well but if you are capable of so much then why not push yourself little more to achieve more !!
Oh good you came. You should see all the above posts.....