View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well the aussie team atm is what it is because that's all we got tbh......we really don't have any better options other than older guys who don't have too much longer left i.e. david hussey, chris rogers etc. khwaja (did i spell it right?) he was meant to be a long term solution that didn't work out. warner was given a chance due to potential and although he has things to work on i reckon he's the best choice to take one of the opener spots atm. cowan i never really rated, saw his debuted match didn't reated him then but surprisingly to me the commentators of that match thought he would be a test prospect one day and look where he is, but yes stop gap presuming we can find someone (hughes was always meant to be a long term opener for us)......watson again is our best option atm....as far as ponting goes he's not what he use to be but better than the others in the country still, that's why they haven't brought anyone in for him imo. i mean we have guys like george bailey, steve smith, mark cosgrove, marsh maybe they should be given more chances, joe burns is doing well but i've never seen him so can't comment.

wade is our best keeper batsman i've no doubt about that, glad he's got his opportunity now.

as far as bowlers go, we are good with pacers. pattinson is the best prospect he'll be something special i think. cummins atm really just has pace, doesn't have the weapons that pattinson has. starc is decent, he'll be solid but i'm not sure he will be more than that....and as far as spinners go we have no one, steve smith they were trying to build as a good leg spin option, i'm not sure what he's doing with that but he hasn't really progressed.
Ya I think that Hughes is a better option then Cowan. Hughes is still a really young player and has tons of potential so he should be in the Test team. I thought Khawaja is a good player as well and should be in the team. Bailey and Marsh are good talents as well. So future looks good for Australia on the batting side.

I would say that Pattinson is the best young pace prospect right now in the world. He seems to have all the tools and is already a fully developed bowler. Also not to mention that he can hold his own with the bat. Cummins is definitely more raw but he's also very young and probably needs more time before he can be a good bowler. I think it's a better option to just develop Smith as a batsman. He didn't seem really any good with the ball and his strengths seem to lie with the bat.