View Single Post
Old November 3, 2007, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
No clue as to what's being said in the videos posted in the previous post. Could anyone translate, pretty please?
It's difficult to understand coz I think the 3 videos have 3 very different languages. Here's what I could gather.

They all have different opinions about the separation, reasons behind the separation, whose fault it was, etc. Some things that most of us will agree on are that, it was a politically motivated move, specially because the pak govt was imposing its ruling over Bangladeshi people; BD people were always left on the corner without much facilities and weren't treated well; pak wanted to get the most out of BD and its resources (some noted that BD had most factories and industries);

Some things that a few people said which a few people will disagree with are that it was India's way of making sure that Pakistan doesn't get all the facilities from BD (may be), and some argued that it was done by India and that it was all their fault, coz they didn't want pak to be so big and strong, etc. (don't know about the last part, couldn't follow)

An interesting point was made by two people (I think) who said that Bangladeshis are the ones who have fought the most to come out of British rule, and that it wasn't fair for BD people to be separated from Pak.

I think almost all agreed that they should've remained together.