View Single Post
Old June 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBall
There lies, big lies and then there is statistics. One can spin things differently with statistics. As Siddon mentioned about 25% scores over 200 one fan had shown it was actually more than 39%; but that was over 2 years under Dev. Are we really at 25% over the life of Bangladesh cricket in ODIs? I don't have the stats but I do know that we are very inconsistent and repeat our mistakes over and over.
It takes are a very positive mindset to achieve a greater result but ignoring the building blocks would be very foolish. The way I read Siddon's approach is that he is trying to lay down the blocks. Playing out 50 overs in any given match should be one of our main goal in future matches. This will ensure that we will be competitve. This by no means implies that we will score 240 and will stop scoring any further. According to JS 240 should be our average capability and nothing stops us from scoring higher and winning any match. I am very excited about JS's approach and we will get better and will be able to sustain that. It's time to get of the roller coaster and travel on a steady incline track for some time.
I am feeling similarly...